Green Buildings & Sustainable Construction
JBA|QS promotes and is fully committed to sustainable construction and Green Building technologies.
JBA|QS has been a member of the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC) since 2005 initially joining the USGBC in 2003. Mr Jim Bush is a LEED ACREDITED PROFESSIONAL
JBA|QS is actively involved in the implementation of sustainable design initiatives for construction. Not every green project seeks LEED certification, increasingly, more and more building owners and operators are seeking to enhance the environmental responsiveness of their developments. We are able to draw upon our experience on numerous LEED and sustainable projects that enables us to assist the Design Team and Owner make informed decisions on energy and environmental design issues.
We combine our knowledge of green design, green construction materials and of green building markets to assess the viability of proposed green building design initiatives. Through our detailed LIFE CYCLE COST models we are able to examine in detail the financial implications of implementing green building proposals – both short term capital expenditure and in the long term
JBA|QS specializes in assessing projects for sustainable solutions that work within the project budget and for potential LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification.
LEED Projects JBA|QS has assisted on include:
- Gulf Island Operations Centre, Sidney (LEED Platinum)
- Charles Dickens Elementary School for VSB (LEED Gold)
- CSF Secondary School (Francophone School District) (LEED)
- Kwantlen University Cloverdale Trades Campus (LEED)
- Kwantlen University Building A Expansion, Surrey (LEED)
- Heritage Woods Secondary School (LEED)
- No.1 Kingsway Civic Centre & Residences(LEED)
- Heritage Secondary School, Coquitlam (LEED)
- Taylor Park Elementary School, Pilot Green Project
- Telus William Farrell Building
- Liu Centre for World Dialogue at UBC